Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ah yes, the good Ms Mayer!

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The fully loaded backhoe just arrived!"

I find it really fascinating Ella Mayer, Provincial Coordinator of MAC (Manitoba Association of Friendship Centres) had the audacity to stand up in front of the membership at the I&MFC (Indian & Metis Friendship Centre) Annual General Meeting to state their constitution is not up to date and some of their practices are shady.

First of all she better take another look at her job description as it clearly states assisting the Centres with these duties is part of her responsibilities. Also, if that is the case then why did she release their funding mere weeks prior to the Assembly? Secondly, it further says very clearly MAC's mission statement is to promote the Centres not tear them down. From what I hear the Board is not too happy with her.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Anonymous:

Thank you for writing. Not to worry. From what we've been reading lately on www.derrylsanderson.blosgpot.com recently in shape, svelte Manitoba wrestling promoter Ernie Todd has been inquiring as to what's required to become an I&MFC Member. No doubt shortly he'll have her (emayer@mac.mb.ca) on the canvas in a half-Nelson yelling "Uncle!" You don't mess with Ernie who can still bench press 295 pounds! If all else fails there's always our secret weapon - THE RED BARON!

Sincerely,
Clare L. Pieuk

P.S. Here's what we don't understand. Ms Mayer's husband Mr. Nelson Mayer still appears on MAC's website (www.mac.mb.ca) as its Vice-President. Our understanding is he left as Provincial Co-ordinator approximately three years ago to become the Chief Executive Officer of the MMF's Metis Child Family And Community Services Department (subsequently replaced by his wife) and is now doing policy work at Federation headquarters. Have we got it all wrong or like their constitution the page is also woefully out of date?













Mr. Ernie "The Big Kahuna" Todd














Mr. "half-Nelson" Mayer

There's a rumour on the Canadian Wrestling Federation's website (www.cwf.com - cwf@cwfwrestling.com) "The Big Kuhana" (God I wish I still had muscles like that!) is contemplating coming out of retirement. Our understanding is Messrs. Mayer and Kahuna are good friends going back to the days when the former was also involved in promoting matches.

Mr. Big Kahuna, my Mother (now 83) used to say, "You're pretty frisky now but wait until you get to be my age!" Well she sure was right. At 62 my once perfectly sculptured bod is no more. While I'm still in pretty good shape there's no way I could take you down for the count with a half-Nelson.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to be clear in case their is any misconception, the Mayers & I are not friends of any sort. I have never met Ella, spoke with her on the phone once or twice, that was a enlightening experience to say the least. I have come across Nelson less than a dozen times in my life but he is not my friend. I am friendly towards him as I am friendly to the majority of Metis people I encounter but he is not my friend.

Also, it took 32 years of steady weight training, without ever taking steroids,to gain these 18" arms. I hope to still have them when I am 62.

I will be signing up as a member of the IMFC of Wpg, next week & rest assured I will be there the next time where I am looking forward to meeting Ella.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home