Monday, December 29, 2014

The weasel Judge

Judge tried to weasel out of DUI after boozy Christmas party: DA

Rebecca Rosenberg
Monday, December 29, 2014

Marc Lust (Photo: YouTube)

A boozed-up judge driving home from a Christmas party slammed his Jaguar XJL into a car in Midtown, fled the scene — then tried to use his position to weasel out of responsibility, sources told The Post.

“Come on. I’m a judge,” Marc Lust, 62, a justice in the Westchester town of Harrison, whined to the cops who collared him, according to court papers.

“I’ll take care of this. I’ll take care of it. We don’t have to do anything about this. I was at a Christmas party. I only had three drinks,” Lust blubbered.

The judge had just rear-ended Michael Antonicello’s 2010 Acura at 10th Avenue and 34th Street at 5:16 p.m. Friday at a red light, court papers say.

The judge’s black Jag hit the other car so hard its bumper fell off, documents say.

“I looked over at [the judge], and he’s looking straight ahead. He’s not even acknowledging me,’’ Antonicello, 24, of Ridgewood, NJ, told The Post.

“I tried to flag him down, and he guns it. I thought, ‘Wow, this guy must be really drunk. He just smashed into my car,’ ” he said.

“I followed him for a block and a half, and I got in front of him. I had to turn to get in front of him to make him stop.

“He didn’t even pull over, he stopped in the middle of an intersection.

“I had to help him out, and he fell. That’s when I realized how drunk he was he was . . . He kept saying, ‘We can work this out.’

“He didn’t know where he was. “Thank God I’m alive . . . This guy could have ended my life.”

Cops said the arresting officers found the judge pale, reeking of booze, wobbly on his feet and slurring his words. He refused to take a Breathalyzer test.

“What should I do? What would you do?” Lust allegedly asked an officer en route to the 10th Precinct station house.

“I f- -ked up. I really f- -ked up,” he admitted to the cop nearly four hours after the crash, court records say.

Lust faces misdemeanor charges of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, operating a motor vehicle while impaired and leaving the scene of an accident.

“It appears the defendant was seriously intoxicated and made multiple efforts to flee the scene after colliding with the witness’s car,” Assistant District Attorney Karl Mulloney told the judge at Lust’s arraignment Saturday in Manhattan Criminal Court.

“He then attempted to use his position apparently as a judge in order to evade responsibility for his actions.”

The DA’s office recommended a plea deal of 15 days behind bars, a $2,000 fine, a DWI program and a one-year license suspension.

But Lust’s lawyer, Andrew Quinn, snipped, “Your Honor, I’m not interested in that.”

Judge Tomiko Amaker suspended Lust’s license and set bail at $2,500, which was promptly paid by credit card.

Lust did not return a message for comment. The father of three is on vacation with his family in Hawaii, his mother said.

Lust presided over the high-profile 2007 assault case against former Knick Latrell Sprewell, who was accused of roughing up his baby mama.

Additional reporting by Jennifer Bain and Shawn Cohen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home